Saturday, 20 June 2009

Relaxing Saturday

Today I had a relaxing day, I went to get a frugal haircut today in preparation for 2 weddings I'm going to in a couple of weeks. Then off to the library for some new books, I have to admit I've got into Mary Jane Staples novels even though they're nothing like my usual history or travel books. I spent the afternoon with my husband at a romantic country house, so I ticked off task 25 on my list for June, and took some lovely pictures I'm going to get printed to make my mum a homemade birthday card later in the year.

I also chose one of the MIT free online courses http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm to started on. I'm going to study "The places of migration in US history", and I've downloaded the material to have a look at tomorrow night. I also went through all my old magazines I've been keeping for a rainy day and cut out anything that caught my interest to start number 11 -keeping an ideas scrapbook for creative plans. I've got travel ideas, sewing ideas and some recipes and interiors ideas, all ready to be stuck in a scrapbook tomorrow.




I've started my diet in a bid to get my BMI under 35, which is the 3rd item on my 101. I have been prescribed Xenical by my GP and I started taking it today - nothing to report yet on side effects, which I've heard can be a little distressing if you eat too much fat. I had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, steamed salmon and a salad with a handful of pumpkin and linseed nuts for lunch (see picture), and tuna with mash for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Great list skint chick - you've reminded me to add 'creative scrap book' to mine (I've had the scrap book for several years). Good luck with the xenical; an mse friend has hadsome sucess with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have had a lovely day, the birdies look very sweet. Thanks also for the link for studying, had a quick look and there are a couple of interesting things. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going guns blazing with the challenge! Hope you had a nice time at the romantic country house with your husband. good luck with the healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant news all round (careful with the Xenical - I was put on it and I had really bad side effects and still do 5 years after coming off it!), but other than that you seem to be steaming through the list!

    ReplyDelete

My ideal view

My ideal view
There was an error in this gadget